falling off the wagon.


People have this misconception that when you are on a weight loss journey and constantly lose weight that it is easy or that you aren't falling off the wagon. That could be the case but with me, it's not. This week, provided I workout today and tomorrow, I will have worked out 5 days. That part is something I am happy with, however, not with my eating habits. I am usually really good at sticking to only the necessary, but lately, it has been easier to eat things that will not help me achieve my weight loss goal (hot Cheetos and ritz crackers).

It can be easy to say "just get rid of them" and yes, that would help but it would not be the best long term solution to this. Prior to this week, if you placed any of these items in front of me, I would not eat them. Now, I look for them in my pantry. I don't know what changed or where this was the case. I suspect that it could have been since I allowed myself to have a cracker.

This is what people don't talk about. We always say "you are doing so good, you deserve it" and yes that could be the case but it takes time to get into a mindset where nothing deviates you from what you decide to do. Being on a streak and losing it simply makes it easier to lose it again. And why? Because you already did it once and nothing happened, "what is one more cracker going to do to me?" and maybe nothing BUT it starts to allow you to easily just eat more of what you normally wouldn't.

I got to get back on track for my mental and physical sake. If anyone knows a way to combat this please let me know :)

As always, thanks for reading.
Chiseling my best self,
Sam

Comments

  1. I think You should imagine me looking at You disapprovingly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts