To work out or not to work out? (posted from old site)


March 25th, 2019
A couple of days ago I recorded a video about motivation and how I keep it (or attempt to) during my weight loss journey. It highlights some of the key things I do in order to stay excited and interested in this long progress. The truth is, however, that I am having a hard time finding that drive in my workout. Out of discipline, I continue to go to the gym and do my best as possible but time seems so slow. I used to look forward to crushing my thirty-minute calorie goal but now my eyes pander to the timer far more often than I care to count. I entertain myself throughout my treadmill workout with Youtube videos or shows on Netflix. However, rather than being interested in what I am watching, I keep checking to see how much longer I have till my next set of exercises.
To make matters worse, eating is also becoming a chore now. Not eating itself but continuing to eat as healthy as I am. It is becoming easier to try other foods that are not part of what I eat, whereas before, I could easily say "no, thanks" and move on. The closer I get to my goal, the easier it is to blow it off. This is the first time that I have felt like this. All I know is that every day I am trying my best not to fall off the horse and try to find ways to keep my head on the ground.
These are my Monday thoughts, as well as I did my weight-loss post on Instagram. For those of you not following me there, this week I lost 1.4 pounds! I am really proud of given all the obstacles that were in my way last week. So close to the 50% mark, that is at 160 lbs!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post!





Comments

Popular Posts