non-scale victories


This week while I am eating as clean as I can, I have slipped up by eating extra things that I should only eat in limited amounts. Nonetheless, I am going to the gym and have been every day this week.

Shopping is not something I like doing. I have hated it because as long as I can remember, it always ended up as a bad experience for me. Being overweight really limits the options of clothing you can try and buy. Since my weight loss journey began, I have only bought gym clothing which consisted of leggings, sports shirts, and bras.

Yesterday, I went to the mall with my godmother as she was shopping and I was looking for a white shirt. I went to the usual places I frequent in Dillards and I tried different styles of white shirts. I picked up a Medium for the most shirts and wow. To my surprise, some of them fit much bigger than I thought.

You guys know this picture of me?

in this photo circa 2018, I was wearing a size 12-14 dress and for the first time, I tried on a dress size 4 and it fit 😱. The shirts I bought? Mostly size small with a medium sprinkled on top. I wanted to cry because I have never been able to do that. Knowing what I am going through and seeing success like this, just really makes my heart beat faster. 


Just another example of progress. These jeans did fit me when they were bought but look at the amount of skin that is coming out of my pants. Over time, they no longer feel tight on me, now I need to pull them up. What a change! 

Anyways I would love to hear your thoughts on this! LMK

Thanks as always & chiseling my best self,

Sam 

Comments

  1. Showing great examples of your progress Canikom, don't stop pushing and love the way you look after all that work, effort and time put in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts